Thursday, September 2, 2010

And on the third day I rest (out of shear exhaustion)

Currently I am reading the bible (as many of you already know). Thing is that holy moses it is thick/dense. Thus far I am really struggling with the book of Genesis, and believe you me I am filled with contempt. In terms of literature the Genesis comes off like an elementary student wrote it. Now, I am not saying that the content is giving me trouble it is the writing itself. Like in most stories and literature there is exposition, and in the case of the Bible I find myself scratching my head. For instance in Genesis at the "Beginning" (both literally and figuratively) days are simplified into a mere sentences and it would seem if there where anytime for descriptive language in a 1,900 page book now would be the time (not that I care for any description, just an observation).

The writer(s)/author(s) in Genesis have personally written the hand book for Misogyny, and Anti-Eco friendly treatment of our planet (I am not a vegetarian, I just like our planet, I live here.) Look at verses 1 line 30-31 for the Eco stuff, and Verse 3 lines 8-14. This is not to say that there aren't more examples I have found I just wanted to provide evidence for my claims so I am not here blowing smoke up my own ass.

Good Night, and Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment